Sunday, July 2, 2017

It's Mrs Organised Again...

Hi everyone...despite a major declutter when I moved everything out of the cubbyhole ready for it's make-over...I'm finding space is still at a premium and being rather obsessed with organisation I'm always looking at better ways of storing supplies and the "bursting at the seams" Idea-ology cupboard was long overdue for a sort out. I've used these containers for years but they just take up so much room...
but I found the perfect solution while watching one of Tim's videos and headed over tout suite to Simon Says Stamp to stock up on Distress Crayon Storage Tins and packs of Distress Storage Jars...
and on a very cold rainy Friday afternoon...the Furry Boy and his Mum fortified with coffee hunkered down right next to the radiator and got to work...moving...filling up and labelling
and as per usual...the cubbyhole hooligan decided he needed to be right in the thick of it...
and voila...who would have thought that the contents from here...
would fit into 3 small tins with room left for additions...
 taking up very little space when they're stacked
which means there's plenty of space in the Idea-ology cupboard for future purchases....don't you just love when a plan comes together...

I've had lots of enquiries about how I made my Stamp Platform Sleeve and believe me...it's not rocket science
I measured the length and width of the platform added on 1/4" for the seam allowances and a little bit extra on the sides to allow for the wadding and vilene and extra at the top to enable me to turn the fabric in and neaten the top edge. I cut out two rectangles of contrasting fabric and stitched together along 3 sides. I did intend to add snap fasteners to close but it was such a snug fit didn't think it was necessary and the bow on the front is for decoration only.
I'm really happy with how it turned out and that just leaves one more Eclectic Elements project to tick off the crafty list...the covering of the cubbyhole coffee break stool...I've been putting it off trying to pluck up the courage to make a start and they do say that faint heart never won fair lady so who knows...this scaredy cat might just take the bull by the horns and throw caution to the wind or chicken out again...put the kettle on and have another think about it. And hang on to your galluses...Mr Hunky Joiner will be back on Tuesday to work his magic on the counter tops and finally the cubbyhole make-over will be done. In the meantime I'll see you all tomorrow with my DT project for a brand new challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...enjoy what's left of your weekend.
Toodle-oo for now
Hugs Kath xxx