Tuesday, December 19, 2017

A Stroll through a Christmas Winter Wonderland...

Hi folks...I'm sharing the visit I make every December to my favourite Christmas Winter Wonderland and I have to say I was more than a little disappointed to be greeted at the door this year by this guy...CUTE...YES...FESTIVE... NO...they could have at least decked him out with a Santa's hat, a Christmas scarf or a little bit of holly, don't you agree.
But just around the corner, there were Santas galore...
all shapes and sizes...


and even Santa in a glass dome...
it looks like the traditional colours of Red and Gold for Christmas are still popular...

but I'm not sure where bears with parcels...monkeys on Christmas trees...
and toy soldiers feature in the Christmas story...
and there seemed to be a big winter woodland theme to the decorations this year...


 these cute figures were everywhere...

and even a reminder of my favourite Seasonal Tim Holtz/Sizzix die...
Apparently this is the latest trend in Christmas trees...stark and minimal...I have to admit they looked beautiful displayed against the backdrop of a Northern Lights sky but I suspect one sitting in the corner of your front room is not going to have quite the same impact so...
I'll be sticking with my traditional tree...
decorated with an assortment of "definitely not colour co-ordinated" ornaments collected over a lifetime, each one with a special memory...

Today I'm back in the kitchen on the last leg of the Christmas Cookathon marathon and if all goes to plan,  tomorrow I'll be heading for the cubbyhole to have some fun with a very special parcel that arrived on Saturday.
Toodle-oo for now
Hugs Kath xxx

9 comments:

  1. Great photos Kath, thanks for sharing!! Love your Christmas tree too - stunning!! Take care, love & hugs.....Ann & Nero xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cow is definitely owned by farmer Grinch! Lovely post Kath, and your fabulous Christmas card arrived this morning - in pride of place! Talk soon, En xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great store, love looking round and buying the odd thing, but usually the prices are quite high, a person can dream...enjoy your day Kath and look forward to seeing your next magic creation...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this store looks like heaven! What a shame about the first thing you see not being made Christmassy. Have a wonderful week.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, he could definitely do with a tartan scarf at the very least! I do love when you visit there and share the wonderful photos with us, it is like a magical winter wonderland. My favourite piece is the Santa in the dome!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your annual visit looks wonderful. The monkeys are an odd addition. The soldiers are Nutcrackers and of course The Nutcracker features a huge Christmas tree. They are a German tradition and a symbol of good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Great photos.I Love that place,I did think the Bears were kinda cute lol.Your tree is so pretty don't think much of those other one's.Loved the lil cow but he did need a scarf and hat.Huge Christmassy Huggles to all,and Cuddle for Buddy.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh yes l agree they could of decorated it with a hat or some bells but the array of photos are gorgeous .....your tree looks lovely and nice that you have memories regarding the baubles sending lots of christmas wishes and all the very best for 2018 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super photos Kath.
    We have a fabulous garden centre near us and their Christmas displays are always amazing but this year time has run away from me and a glance at their packed car park last weekend was all that I needed to deter me from even trying to visit.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete